In breaking news that shouldn’t surprise anyone, you are surrounded by computers. They are in your car, on your wrist, in your pocket, in your backpack, in your microwave! Unless, apparently, you’re an Apple user; then it’s all magic, I guess. At least that’s the message Apple seems to be trying to drive home with their latest marketing push. “Don’t think about it. It’s beautiful. It just works, ‘automagically’!”
In other news, companies that should have nothing to do with making software continue to do so anyway in an effort to further ruin your life. Unfortunately, even the companies that ARE supposed to make software are finding ways to ruin your life by leaking information too! Also, ever think you’d hear an idea that was so bad that even Ajit Pai gives it a hard “NOPE?” Yeah, me either.
- Equifax needs to stop developing software
- Slack leaves the Apple Watch
- Apple ads are just plain stupid.
- Samsung’s numbers show they are now officially richer than God.
- Latest data shows people choose Google G Suites when they don’t know Office365 is a thing.
- YouTube TV hits Roku, Apple TV coming soon.
- Advocacy group wants to kill Facebook Messenger for Kids. We should let them.
- Google acquires HTC. Well, the parts of it that matter anyway.
- A nationalized 5G network is such a bad idea, even Ajit Pai is against it.
- Fitness tracking data just disclosed some CIA black sites.
- Facebook blocks a user group because they’re worried it might look racist if they don’t?
- OnePlus accidentally exposes 40,000 users credit cards
Zuke’s Favorite: Ant-Man and the Wasp
Zohner’s Favorite: #whiteeyesmatter