Things seem oddly pedestrian this week as we have no news of anything big coming out. Instead, it’s a whole lot of little things (mostly court-related), and we can’t help but wonder if the shoe is about to drop.
Uber may have just swung from “In the wrong place at the wrong time” to full-on “Mr. Burns on a bad day” with their case against Google. Also, that part where they force laborers to use exploding cars. The security researcher who may have just saved the internet for all of us was arrested for something he may not have done a few years ago. And you can tell when you have no business whatsoever existing in the digital age when you manage to get “catfished” by someone pretending to be the people you work with on a daily basis. #SMH
- White House staff can’t tell when they’re being catfished
- LastPass has a new option for families that is more expensive than Premium
- Uber gives its indentured servants bombs on wheels
- Uber gets hoisted by its own petard
- Facebook hopes to overwhelm fake news
- Blu phones taken off Amazon after spyware found
- Blu phones put BACK on Amazon after it turns out they were wrong
- HBO got hacked. We don’t really care but what does it mean?
- US Army puts an immediate ban on DJI drones
- Apple Rumor: Watch with no phone?
- Hacker shows that no good deed goes unpunished
Finally, thanks to our Patreon supporters, Bruce, Ruff, and Zane!