Reminder: Please nominate us for the 8th Annual Podcast Awards in the Technology field! We’ll be besties forever, I promise! More info here.
I’ve been useing free AV for a while now and it works fine. I started out with free panda cloud AV and now I’m using Avira Free AV which by the way is getting anoying with the ads it likes to pop up every time it updates…
PS. my Gmail is having problems so sorry if I’ve missed anything.
- Hackers take over Adobe, everyone’s screwed.
- Hackers take over the White House… .more info
- Generic Security Headline
- First, it was Valve, then Blizzard, now Minecraft hates Windows 8 and may not make a version for it.
- Nokia continues its map surge
- Apple offers a unique solution for the iPhone; tells you to hold it differently.
- Iran blocks Gmail. Iranian officials miss Gmail. Iran unblocks Gmail.
- Microsoft’s climb back down the ladder
- Fourth largest cell carrier buys MetroPCS to become . . . fourth largest carrier.
- Ad agencies blast Microsoft for not selling our information to them.
- Really want your friends to see your crappy Instagram pics on Facebook? Pay a $20 to share the pain.
- Nokia has decided to forego the whole “saving the company” thing and bank it’s only phones in the US on AT&T service exclusively. Since it didn’t work at all for the Lumia 900, I’m sure it will work great for the Lumia 920.
- Redbox is considering changing its business model to include tickets to concerts and other events. While I don’t think anyone walks by their local gas station expecting to make an impromptu $100 purchase, the $1 ticket fees are very tempting.
- Proving that scientific progress means nothing if it isn’t on social media, Curiosity checked into Foursquare . . . from Mars. This makes a two-ton rover the first Mayor of Mars.
- Facebook announced that this week it passed 1 billion users mark. To commemorate the occasion, Facebook launched its very first ad. The ad centers on how Facebook is just like a chair. Supposedly the ad was made by their finance team.