We are without a Zohner, as he’s abandoned us to get an autograph or something. Iran thinks it can survive without Google, RIM is limping along better than expected, and Europe needs to suck it up a bit!
- Iran finally took it’s a ball and went home.
- Iran is also cyber attacking US Banks
- Facebook turns off facial recognition amid European fears.
- Foxconn: “Our suicide rate has gone down! Please ignore our ‘Death by Riot’ rate.”
- Europe reminds Microsoft, “We still really don’t like you!”
- RIM event touts new features of BB10 that we saw in May and look even more like every other phone. Also, a music video.
- RIM continues to shamelessly bribe developers.
- Tesla starts to bring power as far as the eye a see!
- The iPhone 5 has problems but Apple doesn’t care. And another one.
- Charges of corruption within Wikipedia mean that college paper you faked might not be credible.
- What does Intel do when upset? Tears down it’s the biggest ally.
- At an anti-Japanese gaming demonstration in China, a girl was assaulted by three protesters for her choice of cosplay. Her character, however, was Chinese. Chinese authorities have released a statement that these protesters were nothing more than “brainless beasts”, marking the first time in history the rest of the world has been in total agreement with the Chinese about their protesters.
- Fresh from the disastrous launch of their new Maps in iOS6, Apple is trying desperately to hire ex-Google Maps programmers in hopes they can pretty up their “dough-faced homunculi” of an app.
- The cast of Red Dwarf X is asking for a Doctor Who crossover. Who would win in such a fight? The fans would.
- The Aporkalypse is upon us! According to the National Pig Association in Great Britain, drought conditions this year will lead to an unavoidable world shortage of pork and bacon next year. So this is how society will end…
- Apple’s request to trademark it’s orange Music icon found on all iOS devices was denied in court this week. The Trademark Trial and Appeal Board said the icon was too close to that of, wait for it, Myspace! Oh, the Apple iRony!
- California has just legalized driverless cars on the road. While many safety groups question the wisdom of such a move, California Governor Edmund Brown Jr. was quick to point out that this should help keep the public safe from DUI’s of former child actors.
- Hubble is still going strong with the recent release of the “Extreme Deep Field” image. Now looking into the farthest reaches of SSSPPPAAACCCEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Not content to just try and sue Apple, Samsung is now going after LG as well. Since both companies are based in South Korea, the local courts will be dealing with the issue, however, LG seems to have a convincing counter-suit that could ban Samsung phones from being sold in Korea. Doesn’t Samsung want a single country they can still sell it?!
How Do You Anti-Virus?
I’ve noticed that there is a lot of debate about the best Anti-Virus Anti-Malware… Program out their, but which really is the best? From Free to Paid, then comparing Free & Paid. Will Stolen Droids make this a talking point, or possibly a regular segment as software changes and updates?
Zuke’s Favorite: Want to get off this rock? Follow these easy steps!
Schmidty’s Favorite: Sesame Street: Hunger Games, Avengers, Dr. Who, and The Newsroom
Stark’s Favorite: Google presented by the NFL replacement refs