After an hour-long pre-show, things started low and only went downhill from there! Apologies in advance for any damage we may cause you while listening to this week!
- Windows Messenger is dead. Long live Windows Messenger!
- Who knew hackers actually understood history! November 5 was a bad day for authority.
- Also a bad day for some “anti-authority” people.
- Microsoft may also be trying to get into the “average sized” club.
- Apple sells 1.5 million iPad Mini’s and another 1.5 Million other iPad’s
- Apple forced to pay fine to people who didn’t make anything.
- Apple loses the iPhone trademark, in Mexico
- And Apple is not following Wil Wheaton’s catchphrase and are deliberately hiding the court ordered an apology.
- What’s happening with Apple’s stock?
- Europe loves Microsoft now
- Netflix is fighting an attempt at a hostile takeover.
- Benedict Cumberbatch will be in the next Monty Python movie…Woot to the ness.
- Hasbro denies that it is next on Disney’s assimilation list.
- Doctor Who is Joining the Clone Wars
- Pixar has decided to name its main building after the late Steve Jobs who helped found the corporation in 1986. They were originally going to name it the “You Are Holding It Wrong Business Center”, but decided that was too long to write on an envelope.
- Microsoft is paying gamers in Xbox Live Points to Play Halo 4 at a rate that comes out to about $0.05 per hour. See Mom, I always told that playing hours and hours of video games would pay off.
- Yet another study toils the dangers of Video Games….just kidding it says if you want to be smarter, play video games.
- Confusion about ‘The Hobbit’ being filmed in 48 frames per second has led to an actual FAQ detailing what it is, what it means, and where you can see it, or avoid it. At what point will be cheaper for the audience to just make their own version of ‘The Hobbit’ with puppets instead of paying the latest increase in ticket prices?
- The first openly Horde gamer has come to the Maine State Senate Acknowledged MMO player and level 85 Rogue Colleen Lachowicz is one of the newest members of the Maine State Senate. True story; when she won the election, she posted the Final Fantasy “victory song” to her Facebook.
- In news that is surprising to almost no one, the USA Network has renewed their highly regarded series ‘Burn Notice’ for a Seventh Season which will put the episode total over 100. For a burned spy, Michael Weston sure gets a lot of work.
- As a sign that it is truly the end of days, a “rage comic” posted on Reddit actually may have saved a man’s life. A comic originally making fun of a guy for messing around with an unused pregnancy test and having it come back positive led commenters to explain that such a result could actually be a symptom of testicular cancer and urged him to have it checked. Turned out, they were right! It seems that for every 100 million hours spent on Reddit, one life is saved
- Elfquest movie rights have been bought by…..the team that did the fan film. Hey, I’m ok with this.
- It’s official. After less than a year Star Wars, the Old Republic is going free to play on Nov. 15th. Apparently, the force was not strong with this one.
- He may not have written a concession speech but Team Romney had already created a transition site for the early days of President Romney. Normally that wouldn’t be a problem, however, a staffer accidentally made the site live Tuesday night even as President Obama was announced the winner. It’s like ‘Dewey defeats Truman’ all over again, only online.
- NASCAR drivers are half as likely to participate in social media with their fans as other sports leagues. Wait, didn’t we want to avoid texting and driving?
Zuke’s Favorite: This python could kill you
Zohner’s Favorite: Create custom Windows 8 tiles
Squishy’s Favorite: As a Dad of a daughter who already loves video games, this is Awesome
Stark’s Favorite: How Casino Royale should have ended
Schmidty’s Favorite: World War Z Trailer