New hackers are ruining our holiday fun, but also screwing with North Korea (so it’s not all bad, I guess). Sony is just annoyed so they have started using and the NSA is staffed by people you wouldn’t want working at a grocery store. It’s been a weird year.
- North Korea gets its full 1.5Mbps ISP taken down
- Sony is unsure of how Twitter works
- Sony releases The Interview after all
- . . . and it takes off on torrent sites
- Mississippi Attorney General backs off Google investigation
- PlayStation on your TV. Like, actually ON the TV
- Xbox Live and PlayStation Network hacked
- Kim Dotcom calls off the hackers… allegedly
- Hackers take on the Tor network
- Apple forced to use OS X automatic update for the first time ever
- FCC admits it’s hard to get an accurate view of Net Neutrality when half a billion votes are missing
- So the NSA hires the same people McDonald’s does. Nice.
Zuke’s 2014 Favorite: Guardian’s of the Galaxy
Schmidty’s 2014 Favorite: Microsoft buys Mojang
Zohner’s 2014 Favorite: Comic book entertainment