We talk Reading Rainbow, world-changing physics, and moron lawyers. Is the “gamification” of kids education the future? Probably! Is that ok? We want to know. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Another 5000 jobs cut and BB10 pushed back another year. #RIM
- Hey, remember that other RIM prediction we made?
- Denial isn’t just a river in Egypt
- Facebook just hacked everyone’s address book
- New Marvel movie involves a shark jump of some sort
- Highlander movie remake; there should be only one!
- Netflix had a larger June than ABC, CBS and all cable networks. 1 Billion Hours of viewing.
- Now drones are being hijacked by terrorists from…..the University of Texas?
- Lawyer whose name we can’t remember is an idiot
- Most important discovery in physics is announced in Comic Sans
- A SWAT team raided the wrong house based on information gathered from a Wi-Fi connection. If you need a reason to secure your wireless network, here is one more reason.
- According to a recent poll of probably very stupid people, President Obama is better suited to fighting off an alien invasion than Mitt Romney.
- An interesting hiccup happened in internet service last week when something called a leap second left servers wondering what to do. It turns out that servers need to deal with an extra second every few years. Strangely, only Google knew to prepare for it this time.
- The new statue on Google’s campus for their new release of Android 4.1 Jellybean has not faired well in the California sun. The head has melted in and the entire display has been cordoned off as the statue continues to melt. Oddly, their Ice Cream Sandwich statue is still fine.
- A technical glitch left San Diego with the shortest Fourth of July firework routine as a mistimed program fired 18 minutes worth of fireworks at once. The resulting fireball lasted only 10 seconds and resembled the joining of the Keymaster and the Gatekeeper.
Reading Rainbow app on iPad. Is this the future of teaching kids?
Zuke’s Favorite: It’s like the Skyrim Horse . . . only on your chest.
Zohner’s Favorite: Dora the Explorer… Now with 100% less suck
Schmidty’s Favorite: Curiosity Rover landing: The Rube Goldberg of landings
Stark’s Favorite: William Shatner wants you to Get a Life