We’re back after an extended turkey slumber. Zuke can’t seem to figure out what a “country” is, Zohner is wormhole’n, and Microsoft can’t seem to catch a break.
- Google is buying a WiFi company! No, they aren’t! What’s going on?
- Can’t take out Iran’s reactors? Take out their banks!
- Samsung isn’t employing kids. Too bad everything else sucks.
- Congress wants the FBI to shut down Hamas Twitter account.
- The iPad Mini exists . . . so of course it’s getting sued for patent infringement.
- No good deed goes unpunished; Verizon sued for protecting customers
- Apple Maps shows its creator the door.
- Prepare for Windows 8.1-8.9
- Google Saves Christmas.. You know… Because they took it away to begin with.
- Ouya Kickstarter ends with huge success, and will support OnLive, VEVO, TuneIn and XMBC
- Security alert about hotel keys
- Somehow classified and sensitive shredded documents from the New York Police Department were used as confetti this year. Thus adding the new line to your Miranda Rights; You have the right to have your private information thrown out over the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- Not Skyfall….skyfail. A UK government website listed a fake 007 job position. Now someone else will soon be looking for a new assignment.
- TSR (the makers if Dungeons And Dragons) is back baby. After Wizards of the Coast let the trademark lapse in 2011, a new gaming company has picked it up and will be starting Gygax Magazine.
- Scandinavian police raided the home, and confiscated a Winnie the Pooh laptop of a nine-year-old girl after she attempted, and failed, to download some music by a Finnish pop star. In the process, they managed to prove that “Weird Al” was right when he sang “It doesn’t matter if you’re a grandma or a 7-year-old girl, They’ll treat you like the evil, hard-bitten criminal scum you are.”
- A Chinese company has started manufacturing a knock off version of the new Apple iMac and has managed to beat Apple to the market. The rather convincing copy runs Windows 8, and matches everything in the original iMac. Can’t wait for this one to be put into another episode of Jimmy Kimmel where people can’t tell it’s not an Apple.
- The Onion named North Korean leader Kim Jong Un the sexiest man alive for 2012. Newspapers in China grabbed the story, and not understanding the awesomeness of The Onion, ran with the story as fact proving that they need to get out from behind the Great Firewall of China and explore the Internet a bit more.
- Director Bryan Singer has confirmed that Sir Ian McKellen and Sir Patrick Stewart will appear in the upcoming film X-Men: Days of Future Past. As we all know, everything is better with a little bit (or a lot) of Patrick Stewart thrown in.
- Scientists have found the largest black hole ever. Get your minds out of the gutter we are serious.
Tech expectations vs tech reality
Zuke’s Favorite: All parenting feels like this.
Zohner’s Favorite: Creepy is as creepy does.
Stark’s Favorite: When You Wish Upon A Death Star
Schmidty’s Favorite: Bungie’s next project, Destiny, concept art leaked