These are some random thoughts on some of the big topics from Day 1 of E3 2012. For full coverage check out G4’s coverage.
- New Splinter Cell game. I guess that’s cool.
- Gears of War: Judgement. The return of the chest high walls
- Forza Horizon coming in October. It looks more like openworld Need for Speed instead of the Gran Turismo model of previous games.
- Microsoft announced a partnership with NBA, NHL, and ESPN. I guess now that they’ve got the geeks they want even more of the jocks.
- Internet Explorer is coming to the Xbox 360. I want to know if I can use it for the same thing I do on my PC, use it to download Google Chrome.
- The new Metal Gear game is coming out, and Revengence is still a sill word.
- New entries into the CoD, Medal of Honor, Sim CIty, Spec Ops, Counter Strike, and more are coming. Aparently there are even a few new IP’s coming as well. Although I can’t really think of many.
- Star Wars the Old Republic is getting a big content upgrade in July, and to celebrate it’s going to be free to play until level 15 (the cap is currently 50).
- These stories and many many more are just the first day of this major show. So far Sony and Microsoft are quiet about a new console. However, Nintendo’s press conference at noon eastern on Teusday will give us a real look at Wii U. It will be interesting to see if the big N can follow up the massive success of the Wii with another success. Wii’ll see.
- Oh yea, don’t think I forgot Scmidty. A new video of Halo 4 gameplay, and it looks awesome.